VACATION RENTAL POLICY
This Agreement includes the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Terms and Conditions 1. Defined Terms - In this Agreement:
Check-In and Check-Out Time:
a) Α Check-In Time≅ means 3:00 PM on the Check-In Date
b) Α Check-Out Time≅ means 11:00 AM on the Check-Out
Date (Central time).
c) Α Guest≅ means all persons staying at the Prairie House and invitees of any such persons.
d) Α Property≅ means the property located at N4898 Arrowhead
Trail, Juneau, Wisconsin all furnishings and personal property on the premises, including the kayak, canoe, rowboat, paddleboat but excluding the woodshop, planting room, garden shed, and both barns.
e) Α Vacation Time≅ means the time between Check-In Time to
the Check-Out Time as agreed upon in writing by the owners.
2. Payment of Rent - Guest agrees to pay with:
a) Credit Card payment of the Rental Fee is due at the time of booking and a Refundable Security Deposit of $500 is payable at the time of Check-in (Security Deposit details explained in section five).
3. Cancellation - If Guest terminates this Agreement by written or e-mail notice to Prairie House Property, LLC received at least 45 days before the Check-In date then Prairie House Property, LLC will refund all amounts paid by Guest. If Guest cancels this Agreement or reduces the Vacation Time on less than 45 days notice, Guest will not be entitled to any refund of amounts paid by Guest unless Prairie House Property, LLC is able to rent the Property for some or all of the reduced Vacation Time, in which case Prairie House Property, LLC will refund as much as Prairie House Property, LLC recovers from the third party for the Vacation Time. Prairie House Property, LLC will use reasonable efforts in these circumstances but will not be liable to Guest for failure to locate a third party who is willing to rent the Property.
4. Property Not Available - If for any reason beyond the control of Guest or Prairie House Property, LLC, such as fire, flood or damage, the Property is not available for, or becomes unsuitable for continued occupancy by Guest then Prairie House Property, LLC will refund to Guest a pro rata portion of the rental fees for the part of the Vacation time in which the Property was not available for use by Guest. No refund will be payable if loss of use of the Property is attributable to actions or inactions of Guest or Guest=s invitees.
5. Refundable Security Deposit - Guest shall pay the sum of $500.00 as a Security Deposit at Check-In Time by check payable to Prairie House LLC. The Check is held with the Guest file and returned in full within 14 days of Guest Check-out with reasonable care of the rental. Prairie House Property, LLC is authorized to collect and apply the Security Deposit, if necessary, to pay for cleaning the Property if, in the opinion of Prairie House Property, LLC, the Property is not left in a reasonable condition upon Check-Out, and to pay for restoration costs and repairs in excess of normal wear and tear and other charges of any kind for which Guest is responsible, as determined by Prairie House Property, LLC. Nothing herein limits Guest=s liability for damages or other costs associated with the Property.
6. Cleaning of Property - The Guest is responsible for washing the dishes, bagging the trash, putting dirty towels and linens in the upstairs mudroom, and leaving the floors in a reasonable condition upon Check-Out. Guest is responsible for all costs of cleaning and restoring the property if the Property is not left in a reasonable condition in the opinion of Prairie House Property, LLC.
7. Conduct - While at the Property, Guest will act in a reasonable and respectful manner and will use the Property carefully so as to avoid damage, reasonable wear and tear excepted, and will not create a nuisance to occupants of any neighboring property. Guest will vacate the Property by Check-Out Time. Only those persons named in the attached Guest Information Sheet may stay overnight at the Property unless separate written approval is obtained from Prairie House Property, LLC. Guest may not have tents, motor homes or other auxiliary facilities on the Property without prior written consent of Prairie House Property, LLC. Guest has no right to sublet or assign any interest in this Agreement or Guest=s right to occupy and use the Property. Prairie House Property, LLC may require that the Guest leave the Property if, in Prairie House Property, LLC=s reasonable opinion, any action of Guest breaches this Agreement or is unreasonable. Guest shall not bring hazardous or dangerous materials such as firearms, fireworks or explosives onto the Property. Guest will have use of a washer and dryer during the Vacation Time and may do Guest=s own laundry.
Guest may not operate 4 wheelers, motorcycles, ATV=s or other recreational motor vehicles on the property. Guest may not use paint ball guns on the Property, hunt on the Property or cut any trees or other vegetation.
8. Pets - Pets are not allowed on the Property unless they are listed on the Guest Information Sheet and Prairie House Property, LLC consents in writing.
9.Pets - Pets are not allowed on the Property unless they are listed on the Guest Information Sheet and Prairie House Property, LLC consents in writing.
A. GUEST=S INDEMNITY OF PRAIRIE HOUSE PROPERTY, LLC AND RELEASE OF PRAIRIE HOUSE PROPERTY, LLC=S LIABILITY - A. WARNING ... Prairie House Property, LLC and the Owner of the Property, their members, employees and agents will not be responsible for any loss or injury resulting from any hazards on the Property or from the use of the Property.
As used in this Section 10 the Property shall include everything on the premises including the woodshop, the planting room and the barns. Guest expressly agrees as a condition of the rental that Guest will indemnify and hold Prairie House Property, LLC and the Owner of the Property, their members, employees and agents from any and all claims that may hereafter at any time be asserted by any Guest or user of the Property or by any third party arising from any purported defect or hazard in the Property or by reason of the use of the Property. Guest acknowledges that use and occupancy of the Property is entirely at Guest=s own risk and that there may be hazards on the Property including hazards that may make it unsuitable for unsupervised children, persons with disabilities or certain activities. Guest agrees to assume all responsibility in connection with the Property.
B. HAZARDS LIABILITY-Guest shall indemnify and hold harmless Prairie House Property, LLC and the Owner of the Property, their members, employees and agents from and against any and all losses, expenses, demands, and claims made against Prairie House Property, LLC and/or the Owner of the Property, their members, employees and agents by Guest or any invitee of Guest, because of injury or illness (including death) actual or alleged whether caused by the sole negligence of Prairie House Property, LLC and/or the Owner of the Property, their members, employees and agents, the concurrent negligence of Prairie House Property, LLC and/or the Owner of the Property, their members, employees and agents with another, or in any way connected with the rental of the Property. Guest agrees to defend any suit action or cause of action brought against Prairie House Property, LLC and/or the Owner of the Property, their members, employees and agents based on any such alleged injury, illness, or damage and to pay all damages, costs, and expenses including attorney's fees in connection therewith or resulting therefrom.
C. PRAIRIE HOUSE PROPERTY, LLC=S MAXIMUM LIABILITY Notwithstanding anything else herein, if Guest has any claim against Prairie House Property, LLC and/or the Owner of the Property, their members, employees and agents the maximum liability in all circumstances of Prairie House Property, LLC and/or the Owner of the Property, their members, employees and agents will be the amount paid by Guest under this Agreement.
10. Access During Vacation Time - Guest will permit Prairie House Property, LLC to access the Property, and also the planting room and wood shop, during the Vacation time if such access is reasonably required for maintenance, safety, security or other bona fide purposes.
11. Governing Law - This Agreement will be governed by and construed in
accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
12. Entire Agreement - Except where varied in writing, this is the entire agreement between the parties.
Terms and Conditions
WARNING: GUEST SHALL BE HELD TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms and Conditions
GUEST HAS READ AND UNDERSTANDS THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS PARTICULARLY THE PARAGRAPH WHICH PROVIDES FOR GUEST=S INDEMNITY OF PRAIRIE HOUSE PROPERTY, LLC AND RELEASE OF PRAIRIE HOUSE PROPERTY, LLC=S LIABILITY.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement.
We'll arrange to greet you and show you around and give you the keys.
We're available to answer your questions regarding the house/property/lake and to offer suggestions for area activities throughout your stay. We look forward to welcoming you to the Prairie House!
At check-out we request help with the following tasks:
1. Place dirty sheets/towels in the upstairs mud room.
2. Wash dirty dishes.
3. Bag garbage/recycling securely in the bags provided and place in garage canisters. If departure is on Monday, please place the garbage/recycling bags on the grass to the right of the driveway on Arrowhead Trail as you exit.
We kindly ask for cooperation with the non-smoking policy in the house.
Well-behaved family pets are sometimes allowed with written permission from the owners.